PRECAST PRESTRESSED CONCRETE SHORT SPAN BRIDGES (SPANS TO 100 FEET)
Precast prestressed concrete integral deck components offer a unique solution for replacing or widening deficient existing bridges or constructing new ones. Locally manufactured prestressed concrete efficiently combines very high strength steel with high strength concrete to produce a quality structural component at low cost. Prestressed concrete bridges have proven to be low in first cost, low in maintenance, high in durability and fire resistance, and they have good riding characteristics. The purpose of this booklet is to help in the selection of the best solution to bridge problems for spans up to 30.48 m (100 ft.). Illustrations of precast integral deck sections are included.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/0937040169
Chicago, IL United States 60606
- Publication Date: 1980
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: 47 p.
- TRT Terms: Bridge superstructures; Concrete bridges; Durability; Fire resistance; Maintenance; Precast concrete; Prestressed concrete; Prestressed concrete bridges
- Uncontrolled Terms: Bridge spans; Low cost
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; I24: Design of Bridges and Retaining Walls;
- Accession Number: 00725938
- Record Type: Publication
- ISBN: 0937040169
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 24 1996 12:00AM