HOT MIX ASPHALT RESEARCH AND TECHNOLOGY. A COMMITMENT TO THE FUTURE
This report discusses efforts of the Hot Mix Asphalt (HMA) Industry to define Research and Technology needs for Hot Mix Asphalt. Strategic programs are identified and specific research projects are described. Some of which are: Laboratory Accelerated Pavement Performance Testing, Hot Mix Asphalt Mixtures for Year 2000, Updated Recycling Technology, Methods and Equipment to Improve Construction Practices, User Delay Costs, Smoothness and Pay Adjustment Factors, and High Friction Surface Course Mixtures. The research and development programs and projects described were developed in 1996 and represent the collective thinking of a wide cross section the HMA Industry. This document sets forth a five year strategic plan for R&T in the Hot Mix Asphalt Industry.
Richmond, VA United States 23219
- Publication Date: 1996-7
- Pagination: 62 p.
- TRT Terms: Construction equipment; Construction management; Costs; Friction tests; Hot mix asphalt; Pavement performance; Pavements; Recycling; Research; Smoothness; Strategic planning; Technology; Testing
- Uncontrolled Terms: User costs
- Old TRIS Terms: Pavement smoothness
- Subject Areas: Construction; Design; Finance; Highways; Materials; Pavements; Planning and Forecasting; Research; I22: Design of Pavements, Railways and Guideways; I31: Bituminous Binders and Materials; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00725932
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Special Report 178
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Sep 24 1996 12:00AM