RURAL ROAD MANAGEMENT GUIDE
This Guide has been developed to introduce the counties of South Dakota to the concept of pavement and gravel road management. The Guide includes background information on pavement management systems, as well as detailed information about a simple and easy-to-use pavement and gravel road management system. Counties that implement the contents of this Guide will be able to start performing pavement management activities. This Guide has been developed specifically for the counties of South Dakota, based on the needs and requirements that they have expressed, and as such should be particularly well-suited to their needs. In addition, the systems provided herein comply with the data requirements set forth by the South Dakota Department of Transportation Local Government Pavement Management System Task Force. Information is also presented that will allow counties whose needs advance beyond the capabilities of the system presented here to add to or refine their capabilities.
- Record URL:
- This Guide is part of a three-document series. The other two documents are "Rural Road Condition Survey Guide" (SD95-16-G1) and "Rural Road Design, Maintenance, and Rehabilitation Guide" (SD95-16-G2).
ERES Consultants, Incorporated505 West University Avenue
Champaign, IL United States 61820-3915
Pierre, SD United States 57501-2586
- Broten, M R
- Beckemeyer, C A
- Publication Date: 1995-9-22
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 80 p.
- TRT Terms: Decision making; Driver rehabilitation; Gravel roads; Guides to information; Pavement management systems; Rural highways
- Uncontrolled Terms: Rehabilitation
- Old TRIS Terms: Guides
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Pavements; I22: Design of Pavements, Railways and Guideways; I23: Properties of Road Surfaces; I60: Maintenance;
- Accession Number: 00725647
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SD95-16-G3
- Contract Numbers: 310348
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Sep 24 1996 12:00AM