AUTOMATED DAILY ACTIVITY REPORT AND AUTOMATED CONSTRUCTION INSPECTOR'S REPORT - USER MANUAL WITH ANALYSIS
ADAR is a user friendly program that is written in Pen Pal (trademark) for automating the Daily Activity Report. This program is developed to be used with pen based field computers. The paper form of the Daily Activity Report was programmed into the pen based computers. The electronically filed forms would be transferred to a record computer by disk. This program is intended for use by the maintenance personnel. The final link would have been the connection for loading the information to the mainframe. Mainframe programs could not be changed at this time to facilitate this connection. The CIR is a window based software for automating part of the construction record keeping process. This software was put into production and performed successfully. The project required the automation of the 1257 and 1258 reports. As requested, automation of the daily diary, time charge, contractor, and material information was provided, to give the user a more worthwhile product. The software is intended for use by construction inspectors to help keep up with the progress records. This report has a user's manual for both the ADAR and CIR; also included is some analysis information.
- Research study title: Automating Data Collection at the Maintenance Section Level.
Arlington, TX United States 76011
Austin, TX United States 78763-5051
- Ragsdale, J E
- Sutton, S
- Goff, Z A
- Publication Date: 1996-1
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 176 p.
- TRT Terms: Activities leading to information generation; Automation; Computer program documentation; Computer programs; Computers; Inspection; Maintenance management; Recordkeeping; Reports; Software
- Uncontrolled Terms: Inspection records; Pen-based computers
- Old TRIS Terms: Construction inspection; Maintenance data systems
- Subject Areas: Construction; Data and Information Technology; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; I50: Construction and Supervision of Construction; I60: Maintenance;
- Accession Number: 00725571
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: TX-96/1991-1, Res Rept 1991-1F, TTI: 7-1991
- Contract Numbers: Study 7-1991
- Files: TRIS, ATRI, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Sep 13 1996 12:00AM