STUDY OF D-CRACKING IN PORTLAND CEMENT CONCRETE PAVEMENT. VOLUME 4: PETROGRAPHIC PHASE AND FINAL REPORT
This volume, Petrographic Phase and Final Report, addresses the make-up of the aggregates and the void system of the cement paste matrix. The Volume 2 report, Laboratory and Repair Phase, derived its data from cores taken at various locations representing the pavements surveyed. Some of these cores from both the best and worst miles were designated for use in determining the void and aggregate properties, however, this report for the most part uses the data from the best mile cores.
- Record URL:
- The other volumes in this series are: Volume 1: Field Phase, FHWA-KS-77-65-2A (TRIS 00168984); Volume 2: Laboratory and Repair Phase, FHWA-KS-81-2 (TRIS 00334462); and Volume 3: Air Photo Phase, FHWA-KS-78-2 (TRIS 00184001).
Topeka, KS United States 66611
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Crumpton, C
- Wojakowski, J
- Wallace, H
- Hamilton, L D
- Publication Date: 1994-12
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 92 p.
- TRT Terms: Aggregates; Alkali silica reactions; Concrete pavements; Cores (Specimens); D cracking; Freeze thaw tests; Overlays (Pavements); Petrography; Void ratios
- Uncontrolled Terms: Aggregate analysis; Voids
- Old TRIS Terms: Core analysis
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Pavements; I23: Properties of Road Surfaces;
- Accession Number: 00725549
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-KS-94/3
- Contract Numbers: Study 65-2A
- Files: TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Sep 11 1996 12:00AM