GEOGRID MESH FOR REFLECTIVE CRACK CONTROL IN BITUMINOUS OVERLAYS
This construction report summarizes the installation procedures for three paving fabric type products used to prevent reflective cracking in bituminous overlays over rigid pavements. These products were evaluated in three test sections with two control sections at two separate locations in Engineering District 6-0 Montgomery County. A paving fabric called "Petromat" and a combined paving fabric and geogrid called "Bit-U-Tex" were placed on SR 0073 near Gilbertsville. The fiberglass paving grid called "Glasgrid" was placed on SR 0663 in Pennsburg. The Petromat and Bit-U-Tex were mechanically placed with a specialized tractor over the full width of the road. The Glasgrid was placed by hand and only over six transverse joints and one longitudinal joint.
Harrisburg, PA United States 17105-2926
- Hughes, J J
- Publication Date: 1996-6
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Photos;
- Pagination: 56 p.
- TRT Terms: Bituminous overlays; Construction; Fabrics; Fiberglass; Geogrids; Geotextiles; Longitudinal joints; Prevention; Reflection cracking; Rigid pavements; Transverse joints
- Subject Areas: Construction; Design; Geotechnology; Highways; Pavements; Security and Emergencies; I22: Design of Pavements, Railways and Guideways; I52: Construction of Pavements and Surfacings;
- Accession Number: 00725531
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Construction Report, PA-96-003+86-001, RP 86-001
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Sep 6 1996 12:00AM