SMA (STONE MATRIX ASPHALT) COLFAX AVENUE VIADUCT
The Colfax viaduct project was Colorado's second SMA (stone matrix asphalt) project but their first attempt to use it on a bridge deck. The first project was located on SH 119, west of Longmont and successfully demonstrated design, production and placement of the European SMA. The Colfax viaduct project was unique from the project placed on SH 119 in that it was constructed on a bridge deck requiring a different paving technique. This project successfully demonstrated the placement of the European SMA on a bridge deck. This report documents the construction of the Colfax viaduct project.
- See also CDOT-DTD-R-95-1 (TRIS 00676583).
Colorado Department of Transportation4201 E Arkansas Avenue
Denver, CO United States 80222
Federal Highway Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Aschenbrener, T
- Harmelink, D
- Publication Date: 1996-4
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 60 p.
- TRT Terms: Bridge decks; Construction; Stone matrix asphalt; Viaducts
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Highways; Materials; I31: Bituminous Binders and Materials; I53: Construction of Bridges and Retaining Walls;
- Accession Number: 00725509
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: CDOT-DTD-R-96-7, Construction Report
- Files: TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Sep 4 1996 12:00AM