INVEHICLE SAFETY ADVISORY AND WARNING SYSTEM (IVSAWS). VOLUME V: APPENDIXES L THROUGH V (REFERENCE MATERIALS)
The Invehicle Safety Advisory and Warning System (IVSAWS) is a Federal Highway Administration effort to develop a nationwide vehicular information system that provides drivers with advance, supplemental notification of dangerous road conditions using electronic warning zones with precise areas of coverage. The research study investigated techniques to provide drivers with advance notice of safety advisories and hazard warnings so drivers can take appropriate actions. The technical portion of the study identified applicable hazard scenarios, investigated possible system benefits, derived functional requirements, defined a communication architecture, and made recommendations to implement the system.
- See also Volume I: Executive Summary (FHWA-RD-94-061); Volume II: Final Report (FHWA-RD-94-190); Volume III: Appendixes A Through H (FHWA-RD-94-191); and Volume IV: Appendixes I Through K (FHWA-RD-94-192).
Hughes Aircraft Company1901 West Malvern Avenue
Fullerton, CA United States 92634-3310
Federal Highway AdministrationTurner-Fairbank Highway Research Center, 6300 Georgetown Pike
McLean, VA United States 22101
- Shirkey, K
- Mayhew, G
- Casella, B
- Publication Date: 1996-3
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 390 p.
- TRT Terms: Advanced driver information systems; Alternatives analysis; Benefits; Communications; Forecasting; Hazards; Intelligent transportation systems; Recommendations; Warning devices
- Uncontrolled Terms: Functional requirements
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Research; Safety and Human Factors; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 00724991
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-94-193, Final Report
- Contract Numbers: DTFH61-90-C-00030
- Files: TRIS, ATRI, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 29 1996 12:00AM