GUIDELINES FOR BICYCLE AND PEDESTRIAN FACILITIES: FIRST-YEAR ACTIVITIES. INTERIM REPORT
This report describes the tasks conducted during the first year of a two-year study to develop guidelines for bicycle and pedestrian facilities on both existing and future roadways in Texas. The tasks were concentrated in four basic activity areas: 1) assessment of current practices; 2) collection of citizen and other agency recommendations; 3) assessment of various procedures and facilities; and 4) development of draft guidelines. Some of the first-year tasks include: interviews with selected officials and community leaders; a survey of individuals, agencies and organizations; collection of recommendations from four advisory panels; assessment of existing facilities and available planning procedures; an analysis of various planning factors; and the development of new guidelines for bicycle accommodations on roadways which are under or nearing construction. The first-year findings will be used to develop a draft of the preliminary guidelines, the primary product of this research study.
- Research study title: Guidelines for Bicycle and Pedestrian Facilities.
Arlington, TX United States 76011
Austin, TX United States 78763-5051
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Hauser, D S
- Benz, R J
- Hawkins Jr, H G
- Publication Date: 1995-11
- Features: Appendices; References;
- Pagination: 64 p.
- TRT Terms: Bicycle facilities; Guidelines; Nonmotorized transportation; Pedestrian areas; Planning; Policy; Recommendations
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Research; Terminals and Facilities; I21: Planning of Transport Infrastructure;
- Accession Number: 00724986
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA/TX-96/1449-1, Res Rept 1449-1, TTI: 0-1449
- Contract Numbers: Study 0-1449
- Files: TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Aug 28 1996 12:00AM