TEXAS MOBILE SOURCE EMISSIONS SOFTWARE VERSION 2.0: USER'S GUIDE. INTERIM REPORT
This research report, which updates Research Report 1279-2, is a user's guide with operating instructions for each program. The mainframe programs were developed to estimate mobile source emissions and vehicle miles traveled (VMT). The PREPIN program allows the analyst to factor a 24-hour assignment to estimate the VMT and speeds for a subject time period. The POLFAC5A program is used to apply MOBILE5a to obtain emission factors without HC species. The POLFAC5B program is used to apply MOBILE5a to obtain emission factors including HC species. The COADJ is used to add two sets of emission factors and subtract a third set of emission factors from the POLFAC5A program to produce a combined set of emission factors. RATEADJ, a special utility program, combines emission factors from three applications of the POLFAC5B program to produce a new set of emission factors. IMPSUMA facilitates the computation of emissions by using the emission factors from POLFAC5B and RATEADJ. SUMALLA sums the emission results from two or more time periods plus diurnals. IMPSUMA and SUMALLA have the additional capability of producing gridded emission estimates by vehicle type. A microcomputer program, JCFBATCH, was added to document POLFAC5B, IMPSUMA, SUMALLA, RATEADJ, and VMTSUM runs on the microcomputer and to make these runs easier.
- Research study title: Air Pollution Implications of Urban Transportation Investment Decisions.
Arlington, TX United States 76011
Austin, TX United States 78763-5051
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Bell, C E
- Benson, J D
- Dresser, G B
- Publication Date: 1995-2
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 172 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer program documentation; Computer programs; Estimating; Pollutants; Software; Vehicle miles of travel
- Subject Areas: Design; Environment; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00724977
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA/TX-96/1279-9, Res Rept 1279-9, TTI: 0-1279
- Contract Numbers: Study 0-1279
- Files: TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Aug 28 1996 12:00AM