U.S. 83 MAIN LANE, RAMP, AND CROSS-STREET INTERCHANGE OPERATIONAL ANALYSIS: MCALLEN, TEXAS
This report documents the procedures and results associated with the assessment of U.S. 83 Expressway and cross-street interchange operations between Conway Avenue and Sugar Road in Mission, McAllen, and Pharr, Texas. This area is faced with increasing congestion and is characterized by a mixture of freeway ramp and cross-street interchange designs. The results of this analysis support the need for widening U.S. 83 from four lanes to six lanes and indicate that converting to uniform "x-ramp" configurations will produce improved long-term freeway mainlane operations. Construction of a new interchange at McColl Road and U.S. 83, as well as improvements to several additional cross-street interchanges, are also recommended.
- Research study title: Planning, Design, and Operation of Transportation Facilities in the Pharr District.
Arlington, TX United States 76011
Austin, TX United States 78763-5051
- Klaver, K S
- Barnes, K E
- Henk, R H
- Publication Date: 1995-10
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 90 p.
- TRT Terms: Expressways; Freeway operations; Interchanges; Level of service; Operations; Ramps (Interchanges)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Operational analysis
- Geographic Terms: McAllen (Texas)
- Old TRIS Terms: Freeway ramps; Ramp configuration
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00724972
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: TX-96/2903-4F, Res Rept 2903-4F, TTI: 7-2903
- Contract Numbers: Study 7-2903
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Aug 27 1996 12:00AM