IMPACT OF NORTH BROWNSVILLE RAILROAD RELOCATION DEMONSTRATION PROJECT ON U.S. 77/83 FRONTAGE ROAD TRAFFIC CIRCULATION. INTERIM REPORT
This report documents the estimated impacts of the proposed Railroad Relocation Demonstration Project (north of Brownsville, Texas) on U.S. 77/83 frontage road traffic circulation. The proposed design associated with this project includes the closure of frontage roads at the railroad crossings. This analysis specifically focused on potential adverse impacts to land use activities located adjacent to the frontage roads in the area surrounding the proposed railroad crossing. The results of the analysis indicate that there will actually be a benefit to traffic circulation (relative to existing conditions), should the proposed design be implemented. Issues related to safety of the railroad crossing are also discussed.
- Research study title: Planning, Design, and Operation of Transportation Facilities in the Pharr District.
Arlington, TX United States 76011
Austin, TX United States 78763-5051
- Henk, R H
- Publication Date: 1995-9
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 36 p.
- TRT Terms: Demonstration projects; Frontage roads; Impact studies; Land use; Railroad grade crossings; Relocation (Facilities); Safety; Traffic flow; Travel time
- Uncontrolled Terms: Relocation
- Old TRIS Terms: Road closings
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00724971
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: TX-95/2903-3, Res Rept 2903-3, TTI: 7-2903
- Contract Numbers: Study 7-2903
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Aug 27 1996 12:00AM