PAVEMENT MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM CONCEPTS, EQUATIONS, AND ANALYSIS MODELS. FINAL REPORT
This report describes the proposed modules of the Texas Department of Transportation's (TxDOT's) new Pavement Management Information System (PMIS), including: Utility Curves, Performance Curves, Needs Estimate Program, Optimization Program, and Impact Analysis Program. PMIS will use the pavement condition data currently being collected for the Pavement Evaluation System (PES). Distress, ride quality, deflection, and skid resistance data collection procedures and equipment will be retained, with only minor changes to the data collection frequency and section length. PMIS will provide network-level decision support for decision makers within TxDOT. PMIS will also support TxDOT pavement decisions at the Division, District, Area Office, and Maintenance Section levels. Mainframe computers will be used at the central Division offices, while microcomputers will be used at the District offices to access and store the PMIS data. Eventually, PMIS will be able to support the use of microcomputers at the Area Office and Maintenance Section levels; for now, users in these offices will be able to access the TxDOT mainframe computer to use PMIS.
- Published November 1993; revised August 1995. Research study title: Pavement Management Support.
Texas Transportation InstituteTexas A&M University System, 1600 E Lamar Boulevard
Arlington, TX United States 76011
Texas Department of TransportationResearch and Technology Transfer Office, P.O. Box 5051
Austin, TX United States 78763-5051
- Stampley, B E
- Miller, B
- Smith, R E
- Scullion, T
- Publication Date: 1995-8
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 395 p.
- TRT Terms: Data collection; Decision support systems; Modules (Electricity); Pavement management systems
- Uncontrolled Terms: Modules
- Geographic Terms: Texas
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Pavements; I22: Design of Pavements, Railways and Guideways; I23: Properties of Road Surfaces;
- Accession Number: 00724966
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: TX-96/1989-1, Res Rept 1989-1, TTI: 7-1989
- Contract Numbers: Study 7-1989
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Aug 27 1996 12:00AM