TEXAS MOBILE LOAD SIMULATOR TEST PLAN. INTERIM REPORT
This report presents the first phase of a test plan for the use of the Texas Mobile Load Simulator (TxMLS). It was developed through an iterative process of consultation between the Texas Department of Transportation's Pavement Division and its researchers. The scope of this phase was limited to tests conducted in Victoria, Texas (Yoakum District). The guidelines for the selection of test sites and for testing operations at field locations that were developed under Project 1978 formed the basis of this Test Plan. The tasks and responsibilities of the research team from the respective universities have been incorporated in the report, together with the anticipated outputs from Phase 1. A research management structure was developed to ensure the necessary integration of these activities. This structure was augmented by the development of a testing and measurement protocol.
- Research study title: Texas Mobile Load Simulator Implementation Assistance.
University of Texas, AustinCenter for Transportation Research, 3208 Red River Street
Austin, TX United States 78705
Austin, TX United States 78763-5051
- Hugo, F
- Publication Date: 1996-2
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 41 p.
- TRT Terms: Accelerated tests; Field tests; Load tests; Pavements; Portable equipment; Simulation; Structural tests; Training simulators
- Uncontrolled Terms: Mobile equipment
- Old TRIS Terms: Pavement tests
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Highways; Pavements; I22: Design of Pavements, Railways and Guideways; I23: Properties of Road Surfaces;
- Accession Number: 00724947
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: TX-96/1978-1, Res Rept 1978-1, CTR 7-1978-1
- Contract Numbers: Study 7-1978
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Aug 26 1996 12:00AM