COMPARISON OF DIFFERENCES IN INSURANCE COSTS FOR PASSENGER CARS, STATION WAGONS/PASSENGER VANS, PICKUPS AND UTILITY VEHICLES ON THE BASIS OF DAMAGE SUSCEPTIBILITY
This booklet compares differences in insurance costs for different makes and models of passenger cars, station wagons/passenger vans, pickups, and utility vehicles on the basis of damage susceptibility. It does not indicate a vehicle's relative safety. The information was taken from data compiled by the Highway Loss Data Institute (HLDI) in its December 1995 "Insurance Collision Report", and reflects the collision loss experience of passenger cars, utility vehicles, light trucks, and vans sold in the United States in terms of the average loss payment per insured vehicle year for model years 1993-1995.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1996-2
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Crashes; Insurance rates; Light trucks; Loss and damage; Passenger cars; Pickup trucks; Station wagons; Utility vehicles; Vans
- Uncontrolled Terms: Susceptibility
- Old TRIS Terms: Pickups
- Subject Areas: Motor Carriers; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00724855
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-042 097
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 14 1996 12:00AM