PRIOR: A COMPUTER SYSTEM FOR THE SIMULATION OF PORT OPERATIONS CONSIDERING PRIORITIES
As part of the research conducted at the University of Texas at Austin on the implementation of priority systems at container ports, a simulation system was developed. This simulation system, PRIOR, has the unique capability of performing micro-simulations of port operations considering different operational schemes depending on the container's priority. Two separate reports are dedicated to the simulation system. This report is intended to provide a glimpse into the general characteristics of PRIOR. A second report, entitled "The Calibration of PRIOR, a Computer System for the Simulation of Port Operations Considering Priorities" focuses on describing the calibration process followed by the research team to ensure an adequate representation of the test case. Other reports focus on the role of information technology, optimal yard allocation and performance analysis of the different systems. Rather than being an exhaustive user guide the objective of this report is to describe conceptually the main characteristics of the implementation. The first chapter provides a brief description of the simulation system, mostly conceptual. The second chapter includes an example. As a part of this example, all input and output files are presented.
- Supported by a grant from the U.S. Department of Transportation, University Transportation Centers Program through Southwest Region University Transportation Center.
University of Texas, AustinCenter for Transportation Research, 3208 Red River Street
Austin, TX United States 78705
- Holguin-Veras, J
- Walton, C M
- Publication Date: 1995-10
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 92 p.
- TRT Terms: Computers; Container terminals; Data files; Implementation; Output; Port operations; Simulation; Strategic planning
- Uncontrolled Terms: Computer systems; Input data
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Research; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00724702
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SWUTC/96/721928-2
- Contract Numbers: DTOS88-G-0006
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 21 1996 12:00AM