INTRODUCTION TO TRAFFIC PRACTICES: A GUIDEBOOK FOR LOCAL AGENCIES
The purpose of this guidebook is to provide local officials with some insight into the answers to typical traffic engineering questions which arise. The book is divided into 16 chapters which include discussions on studies and records, stop signs, speed limits, school crossings, traffic signs, pavement markings, parking, flashing beacons, traffic signals, street lighting, railroad crossings, driveways, commercial development, turn restrictions, one-way streets, and traffic ordinances.
- This edition (second) was sponsored through the Technology Transfer Assistance Program. Three pamphlets - on traffic signals, flashing beacons, and speed limits - are included. The primary author of the 1st edition of this publication was William F. Bunte. Don James was responsible for updating and providing new material to this 2nd edition.
Central Missouri State University, WarrensburgMissouri Safety Center
Warrensburg, MO United States 64093
- JAMES, D
- Publication Date: 1994-12
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 159 p.
- TRT Terms: Beacons; Driveways; Economic development; Flashing beacons; One way streets; Parking; Railroad grade crossings; Records management; Road markings; School crossings; Speed limits; Stop signs; Street lighting; Traffic control; Traffic regulations; Traffic signals; Traffic signs; Turning traffic
- Uncontrolled Terms: Business development; Records; Restrictions
- Old TRIS Terms: School crossing protection
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Highways; Law; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00724599
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Aug 19 1996 12:00AM