MOTOR FLEET SAFETY MANUAL
This revised and updated fourth version of the "Motor Fleet Safety Manual" focuses on the major issues relevant to the late 1990s and the new century: compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration and other federal and state regulations; awareness and use of the latest technology and safety equipment; ongoing driver training relevant to the vehicle operated. The primary purpose of the manual is to help fleet safety directors develop and/or revise the safety and health programs in their organizations that will reduce or eliminate preventable accidents. The book is divided into 15 chapters and 5 appendices. The chapters include: 1. Benefits of Accident Prevention; 2. Elements of a Fleet Safety Program; 3. Fleet Safety Director Function; 4. Motor Fleet Accident Data; 5. Accident Investigation; 6. Employee Injury Record Keeping and Analysis; 7. Employee Safety Program; 8. Driver Selection and Hiring; 9. Driver Training; 10. Driver Supervision; 11. Accident Review Committees; 12. Fleet Purchase and Maintenance; 13. Scattered Fleet Supervision; 14. Job Safety Analysis; and 15. Off-the-Job Safety Programs.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/0879121882
- Fourth Edition.
National Safety Council444 North Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL United States 60611
- Publication Date: 1996
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References;
- Pagination: 219 p.
- TRT Terms: Compliance; Crash data; Crash investigation; Driver training; Drivers; Employees; Fleet management; Fleet safety; Injuries; Jobs; Manuals; Prevention; Recordkeeping; Regulations; Safety; Safety equipment; Safety programs; Selection and appointment; Standards; Vehicle fleets
- Uncontrolled Terms: Driver selection; Fleet maintenance
- Old TRIS Terms: Personal injury; Scattered fleets
- Subject Areas: Highways; Law; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; I83: Accidents and the Human Factor;
- Accession Number: 00724598
- Record Type: Publication
- ISBN: 0879121882
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 19 1996 12:00AM