THE HIGHWAY TRUST FUND 1995 - 2006
This analysis explains the workings of the trust fund, its current status, and the potential implications of moving the fund off-budget. The work reported here represents a budgetary exercise only and describes numerous options, each of which would require some legislative changes. It reports the status of the highway account and the mass transit account under different revenue, authorization, and spending scenarios. The eight scenarios included in the analysis are: 1. extrapolated trends; 2. flat funding; 3. program cut; 4. maximum spending; 5. Amtrak account; 6. increased transit assistance; 7. decreased transit income; and 8. increased spending, reduced income.
- This report was prepared under the direction of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Office of Policy Development, Energy and Transportation Sectors Division, in the Office of Policy, Planning, and Evaluation. It is a draft for technical review.
Apogee Research, Incorporated4350 East West Highway, Suite 600
Bethesda, MD United States 20814
- Publication Date: 1995-12-1
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 59 p.
- TRT Terms: Budgeting; Costs; Economics; Finance; Financing; Highways; Public transit
- Identifier Terms: Amtrak; Highway Trust Fund
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Highways; Public Transportation; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00724586
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 16 1996 12:00AM