VFR LIGHTED FLYWAYS IN THE TCA ENVIRONMENT
The general objectives of this study were to develop, fabricate, and evaluate a marker system which would function successfully for a visual flight rule (VFR) flyway. The specific study objectives include the following: 1. Evaluate the marker and light systems presently available which could function successfully for a VFR flyway. 2. Develop and fabricate a prototype flyway marker which will function in the field environment. 3. Conduct primary field evaluations of the flyway marker. 4. Prepare a final report for the study.
- This research project was sponsored by the State of Illinois, acting by and through its Department of Transportation. Project VC-A1, FY 92.
Illinois Transportation Research Center200 University Park Drive
Edwardsville, IL United States 62026-1806
- Spiekermann, J R
- Dempsey, B J
- Harshbarger, T L
- Publication Date: 1994-10
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References;
- Pagination: 50 p.
- TRT Terms: Aids to air navigation; Airports; Lighting; Navigation; Visual flight
- Uncontrolled Terms: Visual flight rules
- Old TRIS Terms: Flyway; Markers; Terminal control areas; Visual navigation
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00724550
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Report
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 9 1996 12:00AM