MULTICRITERION EQUILIBRIUM TRAFFIC ASSIGNMENT: BASIC THEORY AND ELEMENTARY ALGORITHMS - PART I - T2: THE BICRITERION MODEL
T2 is a bicriterion equilibrium traffic assignment model that accurately forecasts path choices and consequent total arc flows for a stochastically diverse set of trips. Developed around a linear generalized cost model, T2 generalizes classical traffic assignment by relaxing the value-of-time parameter from a constant to a random variable with an arbitrary probability distribution. For the case where arc time and/or cost are flow-dependent, this paper formulates conditions and algorithms for stochastic bicriterion user-optimal equilibrium arc flows, which reflect every trip's exclusive use of a path that minimizes its particular perception of generalized cost.
- Record URL:
- Travel Model Improvement Program.
Department of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Dial, R B
- Publication Date: 1995-4
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 44 p.
- TRT Terms: Algorithms; Costs; Stochastic processes; Theory; Traffic assignment; Traffic models; Travel; Value of time; Walkways
- Uncontrolled Terms: Choices; Cost models; Equilibrium models; Trip
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Finance; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00724543
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: NTL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 8 1996 12:00AM