SURVEY OF USERS OF THE USGS STREAM-GAGING NETWORK IN IOWA, 1996
A survey was sent to over 200 Federal, State, and local agencies that might use streamflow data collected by the U. S. Geological Survey in Iowa. A total of 181 forms were returned and 112 agencies indicated that they use streamflow data. The responses show that streamflow data from the Iowa USGS stream-gaging network, which in 1996 is composed of 117 stations, are used by many agencies for many purposes and that many stations provide streamflow data that fulfill a variety of joint purposes. The median number of respondents per station that use data from the station was 6 and the median number of data-use categories indicated per station was 9. The survey results can be used by agencies that fund the Iowa USGS stream-gaging network to help them decide which stations to continue to support if it becomes necessary to reduce the size of the stream-gaging network.
- Record URL:
- Prepared in cooperation with the Iowa Highway Research Board (Iowa DOT Research Project HR-383).
U.S. Geological SurveyP.O. Box 1230, 400 S Clinton Street
Iowa City, IA United States 52244
- Fischer, E E
- Publication Date: 1996
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 38 p.
- TRT Terms: Data collection; Flow; Passenger terminals; Railroad stations; Stream gages; Streamflow; Streams; Surveys; Tables (Data)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Data
- Geographic Terms: Iowa
- Subject Areas: Highways; Hydraulics and Hydrology; Public Transportation; Terminals and Facilities; I26: Water Run-off - Freeze-thaw;
- Accession Number: 00724517
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Open-File Report 96-185
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 2 1996 12:00AM