PAVER OPERATIONS FOR QUALITY
Proper placement of Hot Mix Asphalt (HMA) materials is a critical link in the chain of events that must be controlled to produce a top quality asphalt roadway, runway, parking lot, or driveway. The primary purpose of this publication is to discuss the affect paver operations have on the quality of HMA pavement. This publication includes discussions on planning for the job, the paver, materials, paver operating techniques, troubleshooting mat blemishes, proper preparation of the pavement prior to paving, and job descriptions for each of the paving personnel.
Richmond, VA United States 23219
- Publication Date: 1996
- Features: Figures; Photos;
- Pagination: 24 p.
- TRT Terms: Asphalt pavements; Hot mix asphalt; Operations; Pavers; Personnel; Quality control
- Uncontrolled Terms: Preparation; Quality
- Old TRIS Terms: Mat blemishes
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Materials; Society; I31: Bituminous Binders and Materials;
- Accession Number: 00724513
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Information Series 125
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Aug 1 1996 12:00AM