NATIONAL TRANSIT SUMMARIES AND TRENDS FOR THE 1994 NATIONAL TRANSIT DATABASE REPORT YEAR
The 1994 National Transit Summaries and Trends (NTST) report provides an overview of the national transit industry. NTST was developed from the National Transit Database (NTD) and highlights the aggregated financial and operational characteristics and trends for key statistics and performance indicators of the nation's transit industry. This fifth annual edition provides a picture of the entire transit industry in 1994, as well as 5-year and 10-year compilations of selected transit industry statistics. The report serves as a reference for transit professionals, researchers, and policymakers, and it describes the current condition of urban mass transportation in the United States. The report is organized to offer a national transit profile followed by chapters on: key modal characteristics of transit agencies; charateristics by urbanized areas; capital funding; operating funding and expenses; service supplied and consumed; safety; and, reliability and maintenance effectiveness.
- Record URL:
- Record URL:
- Prepared for the FTA Office of Program Management.
Digicon Corporation6707 Democracy Boulevard
Bethesda, MD United States 20817-1129
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1996-4
- Pagination: 112 p.
- TRT Terms: Annual reports; Capital expenditures; Financial analysis; Maintenance; Modal analysis; Modal split; Operations; Performance; Reliability; Safety; Statistics
- Uncontrolled Terms: Operational analysis; Performance indicators
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Data and Information Technology; Finance; Maintenance and Preservation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00724287
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Transit Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FTA-MD-23-7001-96-1,, FTA-MD-26-9002-95-3
- Files: NTL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 3 1996 12:00AM