ROADS TO SERVE THE NATION--THE STORY OF ROAD DEVELOPMENT IN THE UNITED STATES
The purpose of this booklet is to acquaint the international reader with the U.S. road system, the U.S. road transportation community, and the Federal Highway Administration's (FHWA's) International Highway Programs Office. The first sections describe the historical development of the road system and its social and economic effects. Later sections discuss current and expected future trends in U.S. road transportation, the organization and structure of the U.S. road community (FHWA, AASHTO, and the Transportation Research Board), FHWA's technology transfer programs, and the activities of the International Highway Programs Office.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1989
- Features: Figures; Photos;
- Pagination: 38 p.
- TRT Terms: Administration; Economic impacts; Highway transportation; Highways; History; Social factors; Social impacts; Technology transfer; Trend (Statistics)
- Identifier Terms: American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials; Transportation Research Board; U.S. Federal Highway Administration
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Highway systems; International highway programs office, fhwa
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Education and Training; Highways; History; Planning and Forecasting; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00723876
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-PL-89-024
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 26 1996 12:00AM