COMPENDIUM OF TRAFFIC SAFETY RESEARCH PROJECTS: A DECADE AND BEYOND. ANNOTATED BIBLIOGRAPHY
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's (NHTSA's) Office of Program Development and Evaluation (OPDE) conducts research and evaluation projects dealing with human attitudes, behaviors, and failures (motor vehicle crashes). This compendium is an annotated bibliography of 10-year's worth of behavioral research sponsored by NHTSA and conducted by OPDE. It provides a brief description of nearly two hundred OPDE projects past, present, and on-going in the following areas: alcohol-impaired driving, drug-impaired driving, occupant protection, speed and other unsafe driving actions, pedestrian and bicyclist safety, older drivers, novice and young drivers, and other traffic safety research. The compendium also includes information on how individual reports can be obtained.
- Record URL:
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1996-4
- Pagination: 57 p.
- TRT Terms: Adolescents; Aged drivers; Behavior; Bibliographies; Bicycling; Drivers; Drugs; Drunk driving; High risk drivers; Highway safety; Novices; Occupant protection devices; Pedestrian safety; Psychology; Research; Research projects; Speeding; Teenage drivers; Traffic safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Bicycle safety; Occupant protection
- Old TRIS Terms: Behavioral research
- Subject Areas: Highways; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment; I83: Accidents and the Human Factor;
- Accession Number: 00723778
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-808 379
- Files: HSL, NTL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 8 1996 12:00AM