IT WOULDN'T HURT TO LIVE IN A SAFE COMMUNITY
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) is dedicated to promoting traffic safety on our nation's streets and highways. Traffic crash injuries are one of the most overlooked public health problems facing our nation today. Through the Safe Communities approach, NHTSA hopes to become your partner in preventing traffic deaths and injuries and raising your community's awareness of the steps that can be taken to reduce these traumatic injuries. This brochure discusses why you should get involved in Safe Communities, what's in it for your community, and what you can do to start a Safe Community.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1996
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Brochures; Communities; Injuries; Prevention; Public health; Public participation; Safety; Safety programs; Traffic crashes; Traffic safety
- Subject Areas: Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; Society;
- Accession Number: 00723772
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-808 363
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 5 1996 12:00AM