EMERGENCY MEDICAL DISPATCH: NATIONAL STANDARD CURRICULUM. EMD PROGRAM IMPLEMENTATION AND ADMINISTRATION. MANAGER'S GUIDE
This guide was developed with the assumption that the need for Emergency Medical Dispatcher (EMD) training and implementation has been identified by some responsible agent and that public support and funding has been established. The manager's guide is intended to provide appropriate Emergency Medical Service (EMS) personnel (like the EMS administrator and communications administrator) with a guide to assist them in the planning and implementation process. Guidance and suggestions are provided regarding: (a) the establishment of EMD programs; (b) administration of EMD programs; (c) operation of EMD programs; (d) selection and training of EMD personnel; and (e) evaluation and Quality Assurance/Improvement. The guide also (a) provides guidance for the development of common expectations among EMD programs and training, (b) provides a training mechanism for EMD personnel, and (c) provides direction and assistance in understanding, implementing and managing emergency medical dispatch programs.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/0160485487
- Date of publication differs from date that appears on title page, which is 31 August 1995.
Department of Health and Human ServicesPublic Health Service, 200 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC United States 20201
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1996-2
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 164 p.
- TRT Terms: Administration; Curricula; Dispatchers; Dispatching; Emergency medical services; Emergency medical technicians; Guides to information; Implementation; Management; Quality assurance; Standardization; Training
- Old TRIS Terms: Guides
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Education and Training; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00723762
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- ISBN: 0160485487
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-808 355
- Contract Numbers: OPM-91-2963
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 5 1996 12:00AM