DEVELOPMENT OF A TEST BED TO IMPROVE IN-LINE INSPECTION (ILI) TECHNOLOGIES FOR GAS PIPELINE INSPECTION. TASK 1: CONCEPTUAL DESIGN. TOPICAL REPORT
As part of the effort in the research and development of techniques for the in-line nondestructive evaluation of gas transmission pipelines, a test bed vehicle has been designed to be used in the GRI NDE facility. The proposed test bed vehicle is a three section device with a 3D bend capacity. The conceptual design of the test bed vehicle addresses its ability to serve as a platform for various experiments and the data acquisition computer and the data analysis workstation required to process the data from such experiments. The conceptual design includes performance specifications.
- Sponsored by Gas Research Institute, Chicago, IL.
Southwest Research Institute6220 Culebra Road, P.O. Drawer 28510
San Antonio, TX United States 78228-0510
- CROUCH, A E
- BRUTON, F A
- Publication Date: 1991-1
- Pagination: 53 p.
- TRT Terms: Gas pipelines; Inspection; Nondestructive tests; Test vehicles
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Pipelines;
- Accession Number: 00723621
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SWRI-17-3858,, GRI-91-0218
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 5 1996 12:00AM