TRANSPORTATION SAFETY POLICY FOR THE HIGHWAY WITH A VIEW TO SAFETY OVER THE KILOMETRES
This policy describes the guidelines and priorities that the Quebec Department of Transportation and the automobile insurance industry of Quebec plan to adopt to reduce the number and the seriousness of highway accidents, while preserving the mobility of goods and people. The book addresses thirty issues which would have to be dealt with in order to improve highway safety. In relation to these issues, a number of strategies were outlined with attendant courses of action that could be integrated into a coherent plan. The strategies and courses of action are organized under four headings, which refer to the four factors involved in highway accidents that W. Haddon developed as part of his highway safety matrix in 1972. These four factors are human, vehicles, road environment, and socioeconomic environment.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/2550250311
- Prepared by the Service de la securite dans les transports of the ministeres des Transports and the Service des etudes et strategies en securite routiere of the Societe de l'assurance automobile du Quebec, and published by the Direction des communications of the ministere des Transports du Quebec.
Ministeres des Transports du Quebec700, boulevard Rene-Levesque Est, 27 etage
Quebec G1R 5H1, Canada
- Publication Date: 1995
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 114 p.
- TRT Terms: Environmental quality; Highway safety; Human factors; Motor vehicles; Policy; Roadside; Socioeconomic factors; Strategic planning; Traffic safety; Transportation policy
- Geographic Terms: Quebec (Province)
- Old TRIS Terms: Government policies
- Subject Areas: Economics; Environment; Highways; Policy; Safety and Human Factors; Society; I82: Accidents and Transport Infrastructure; I83: Accidents and the Human Factor; I85: Safety Devices used in Transport Infrastructure;
- Accession Number: 00723584
- Record Type: Publication
- ISBN: 2550250311
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 25 1996 12:00AM