INTERMODAL FREIGHT TRANSPORTATION
This edition of Intermodal Freight Transportation catalogues the development of the industry, including important advances which have occurred in the last few years. The book is organized into 13 chapters, and 3 appendices. The chapters cover the following areas: 1. Introduction; 2. How Intermodality Developed in the United States; 3. The Container Revolution; 4. Government Regulation and Deregulation; 5. Intermodal Movements by Rail and Motor Carrier; 6. Intermodal Movements by Air, Water and Bridge Services; 7. Intermodal Through Carriage Documents, Liability Rules and Facilitation; 8. Intermodal Transportation Facilitators; 9. Terminals and Cargo-Handling Equipment; 10. Intermodal Containers; 11. Communications and Information Technologies; 12. Competition; 13. The Future of Intermodalism.
- Third Edition. Published jointly by the Eno Transportation Foundation and the Intermodal Association of North America.
Eno Transportation Foundation44211 Slatestone Court
Lansdowne, VA United States 22075
Intermodal Association of North America7501 Greenway Center Drive, S-720
Greenbelt, MD United States 20770-3514
- Muller, G
- Publication Date: 1995
- Features: Appendices; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 297 p.
- TRT Terms: Air cargo; Air transportation; Air water interfaces; Bills of lading; Cargo handling equipment; Communications; Competition; Containers; Deregulation; Freight transportation; Information technology; Intermodal terminals; Intermodal transportation; Land bridge; Liabilities; Motor carriers; Operations; Railroad transportation; Regulations; Water transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Air water interactions; Container operations; Government regulations; Intermodal containers
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Aviation; Data and Information Technology; Finance; Freight Transportation; Highways; Law; Marine Transportation; Motor Carriers; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00723569
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 22 1996 12:00AM