IMPLEMENTING EFFECTIVE EMPLOYER-BASED TRAVEL DEMAND MANAGEMENT PROGRAMS. A GUIDANCE MANUAL
This manual suggests a process for travel demand management (TDM) development and implementation, and offers guidance on the selection of effective TDM strategies. It helps the reader develop a more effective TDM program in less time and with less frustration. It provides an overview of the "big picture" of TDM planning, then guides the reader in identifying what strategies make sense, and in determining how much of those strategies are needed to achieve a desired or required trip reduction. Worksheets and look-up tables are included, to help the readers design their own programs.
- Record URL:
- Distributed in cooperation with Technology Sharing Program, U.S. Department of Transportation.
Comsis Corporation8737 Colesville Road
Silver Spring, MD United States 20910
Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE)Washington, DC United States
- Publication Date: 1994
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 124 p.
- TRT Terms: Development; Employers; Implementation; Management; Manuals; Strategic planning; Travel demand
- Uncontrolled Terms: Programs
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Research; Society; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00723565
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: ITE Publ. No. LP-308
- Files: NTL, TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1996 12:00AM