FREIGHT TRANSPORTATION ISSUES IN SOUTHWESTERN PENNSYLVANIA: A SURVEY OF MANUFACTURERS AND TRANSPORTATION SERVICE PROVIDERS
In October 1995 the Southwestern Pennsylvania Regional Planning Commission (SPRPC) initiated a broad based survey of freight transportation users and service providers in the nine-county southwestern Pennsylvania region. The goal of the survey was to provide SPRPC a better understanding of the mobility and accessibility issues of the region's freight intermodal transportation system. The survey was mailed to 1500 companies -- 700 freight service providers and 800 area manufacturers. The survey identified a number of issues facing the freight transportation community in southwestern Pennsylvania. This report communicates the results of the survey and its analysis.
Southwestern Pennsylvania Regional Planning CommissionThe Waterfront, 200 First Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA United States 15222-1573
- Publication Date: 1996-3
- Pagination: 38 p.
- TRT Terms: Accessibility; Consumers; Data collection; Freight transportation; Industries; Intermodal transportation; Level of service; Mobility; Surveys
- Uncontrolled Terms: Services; Users
- Geographic Terms: Pennsylvania
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Freight Transportation; Highways; Marine Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00723563
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 20 1996 12:00AM