BUILDING CODE REQUIREMENTS FOR MASONRY STRUCTURES, SPECIFICATION FOR MASONRY STRUCTURES, COMMENTARY ON BUILDING CODE REQUIREMENTS FOR MASONRY STRUCTURES, COMMENTARY ON SPECIFICATION FOR MASONRY STRUCTURES
Building Code Requirements for Masonry Structures (ACI 530-95/ASCE 5-95/TMS 402-95), Specification for Masonry Structures (ACI 530.1-95/ASCE 6-95/TMS 602-95), Commentary on Building Code Requirements for Masonry Structures (same numbers as its associated Code), and Commentary on Specification for Masonry Structures (same numbers as its associated Specification) are joint efforts of the American Concrete Institute, the American Society of Civil Engineers, and The Masonry Society. The Code covers the design and construction of masonry structures while the Specification is concerned with the quality, inspection, testing and placement of materials used in construction. Some of the topics covered in the Code are: definitions, analysis and design, strength, axial loads, shear, beams and seismic design. On the other hand, the Specification discusses subjects such as quality assurance, requirements for materials, the placing, bonding and anchoring of masonry, and the placement of grout and reinforcements. Since the Code is written as a legal document and the Specification as a master specification required by the Code, the two Commentaries present background details, committee considerations, and research data used to develop the Code and Specification.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/0784401152
- Reported by the Masonry Standards Joint Committee.
Detroit, MI United States 48219
New York, NY United States 10017-2398
The Masonry Society3970 Broadway, Unit 201 D
Boulder, CO United States 80304
- Publication Date: 1996
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 110 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Anchoring; Axial loads; Beams; Bonding; Building codes; Definitions; Design; Earthquake resistant design; Grout; Inspection; Location; Masonry construction; Quality assurance; Reinforced concrete; Shear strength; Specifications; Strength of materials; Structures; Testing
- Uncontrolled Terms: Requirements
- Old TRIS Terms: Placement
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Design; Highways; Law; Materials; I32: Concrete; I50: Construction and Supervision of Construction;
- Accession Number: 00723552
- Record Type: Publication
- ISBN: 0784401152
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 17 1996 12:00AM