MIX DESIGN METHODS FOR ASPHALT CONCRETE AND OTHER HOT-MIX TYPES
This manual is a practical guide to asphalt mix design for engineers and others concerned with the technicalities of constructing all types of pavement with hot mix asphalt. It is also recommended as a textbook. Eight chapters cover the following areas: 1. Introduction; 2. Mix Design Practice; 3. Evaluation of Aggregate Gradation; 4. Volumetric Properties of Compacted Paving Mixtures; 5. Marshall Method of Mix Design; 6. HVEEM Method of Mix Design; 7. Durability of Asphalt Mixtures; 8. Field Verification of Mix Design.
Lexington, KY United States 40511-8480
- Publication Date: 1996
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 149 p.
- TRT Terms: Aggregate gradation; Asphalt concrete; Asphalt mixtures; Asphalt pavements; Compaction; Durability; Field tests; Hot mix asphalt; Mix design; Paving materials; Properties of materials; Volumetric analysis
- Uncontrolled Terms: Hveem mix design; Marshall mix design; Volumetric properties
- Old TRIS Terms: Compacted paving mixtures
- Subject Areas: Highways; Materials; I31: Bituminous Binders and Materials;
- Accession Number: 00723548
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: MS-2,, 6th Edition
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 16 2001 12:00AM