GENERAL AVIATION ACTIVITY MODEL
The Virginia Department of Aviation (DOAV) conducts one week surveys of general aviation operations at non-towered airports throughout the state. The information collected on the survey includes arrival and departure times, the operation type (including "touch-and-go" occurrences), the number of based aircraft at the airport, and weather conditions. DOAV develops annualized estimates of general aviation activity at each airport from the collected data. The Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments was asked to develop a revised methodology for annualizing these one week survey results. This report presents a simple technique that was developed to estimate annual forecasts of general aviation activity, and documents its development.
- The preparation of this report was financially aided through a grant from the Federal Aviation Administration of the U.S. Department of Transportation under the Planning Grant Program authorized by provisions of Section 13 of the Airport and Airways Improvement Act of 1982. It is part of the Continuous Airport System Planning (CASP) Program, Phase XII, AIP Project 3-11-8840-MB. Also cooperating were the Virginia Department of Aviation, Maryland Department of Transportation, and Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority.
Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments777 North Capitol Street, NE, Suite 300
Washington, DC United States 20002
- Milone, R J
- Flick, K I
- Publication Date: 1995-12
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 124 p.
- TRT Terms: Aircraft operations; Annual; Departure time; Forecasting; General aviation; Schedules; Tables (Data); Weather conditions
- Uncontrolled Terms: Activity models; Arrival time
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Data and Information Technology;
- Accession Number: 00723528
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: 95611
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 6 1996 12:00AM