ROAD MAINTENANCE MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS IN DEVELOPING COUNTRIES
This report is organized in three chapters and four appendices. In Chapter I, the specific features of road maintenance in developing countries as well as institutional aspects are examined; a general description of the road maintenance management system and the key elements is given. Chapter II reviews basic data and tools including the data bank; maintenance techniques, standards and costs are examined as is the Highway Design and Maintenance (HDM) model developed by the World Bank. Chapter III deals with system development and implementation focusing on the search for an optimal strategy and scheduling of works. The appendices concern: 1. Feeder roads; 2. Small structures; 3. Several examples of maintenance management and key components; 4. Training programs. This international report is a compendium for concrete applications providing the state-of-the-art as well as guidelines for best practice in maintenance management.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/9264143009
- This report is a follow-up to the Manual for Developing Countries on Road Monitoring for Maintenance Management and the Damage Catalogue, jointly published by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development and the World Bank.
Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)2, rue André Pascal
Paris, France 75775 Paris Cedex 16
- Publication Date: 1995
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 208 p.
- TRT Terms: Access roads; Data banks; Data collection; Deterioration; Developing countries; Highway design; Highway maintenance; Highways; Information processing; Inventory; Maintenance; Maintenance management; Maintenance practices; Mathematical models; Networks; Pavement management systems; Public administration; Railroad grade crossings; Roads; Schedules; Standards; State of the art; Submersibles; Systems analysis; Training programs
- Uncontrolled Terms: Feeder roads; Models; Road networks
- Old TRIS Terms: Highway management; Maintenance standards
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Pavements; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads; I10: Economics and Administration; I60: Maintenance;
- Accession Number: 00723505
- Record Type: Publication
- ISBN: 9264143009
- Files: TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: Jul 3 1996 12:00AM