MICHI: ROADS IN JAPAN 1995
This very comprehensive book about Japanese roads contains 5 sections, 23 chapters, and 10 "Topics". The topics include: 1. New Road Design Concepts for the 21st Century; 2. Intermodal Policy; 3. Creation of New Traffic Axes; 4. Enhancement of the "Rest" Function of Roads; 5. New Freight Transport System; 6. POINTER Project; 7. Hanshin-Awaji Earthquake; 8. Creation of Green Areas and Promotion of Recycling; 9. Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS); and 10. Asian Highway Project.
- Supervised by Road Bureau, Ministry of Construction.
Japan Infrastructure Development InstituteNew Kojimachi Building 5-3-23, Kojimachi, Chiyoda-ku
Tokyo 102, Japan
- Publication Date: 1995-8-7
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 132 p.
- TRT Terms: Earthquakes; Environmental protection; Freight transportation; Highway design; Highway planning; Highways; Intelligent transportation systems; Intermodal transportation; Policy; Regional planning; Roads; Roadside rest areas; Traffic; Traffic control devices
- Geographic Terms: Japan
- Old TRIS Terms: Highway signs (Signals and markings); Highway systems; Traffic planning
- Subject Areas: Environment; Freight Transportation; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Terminals and Facilities; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00723502
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 2 1996 12:00AM