BICYCLE PLAN FOR THE CITY OF TILBURG 1993
FIETSPLAN TILBURG 1993
The local authority of the city of Tilburg has the aim to construct a cycle track network to improve the cycle traffic and to decrease the use of the car in the city. The whole network should be finished by the year 2000.Considering the circumference of the city and the average distances the bicycle is a good alternative for traffic by the car and even by public transport. A star network is proposed, but beside the cycle tracks other provisions, such as bicycle sheds, or measures to improve the safety on the cycle tracks, the lighting of the cycle tracks, a good traffic signalization system, priority rules, and the design of the cycle tracks, are taken into account.
Gemeente Amsterdam197 Oudezijda Voorburgwal
- Publication Date: 1993-8
- Pagination: 40 p.
- TRT Terms: Bikeways; Central business districts; Comfort; Financing; Intersections; Local government agencies; Networks; Parking; Pedestrian safety; Prevention; Road construction; Roads; Safety; Street lighting; Traffic restraint; Urban areas; Waiting time
- Uncontrolled Terms: Road networks
- Geographic Terms: Netherlands
- ITRD Terms: 1661: Accident prevention; 9138: Comfort; 2722: Cycle track; 244: Financing; 455: Junction; 545: Lighting (street); 192: Local authority; 8078: Netherlands; 955: Parking; 3665: Road construction; 1053: Road network; 350: Segregation (traffic, pedestrians); 311: Town centre; 633: Traffic restraint; 313: Urban area; 9100: Waiting time
- Subject Areas: Highways; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00722992
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Institute for Road Safety Research, SWOV
- Files: ITRD
- Created Date: Jul 26 1996 12:00AM