THE BICYCLE IN 'BUSINESS'
DE FIETS IN 'BEDRIJF'. EEN ONTWERPSTUDIE NAAR EEN FIETSVRIENDELIJK BEDRIJVENTERREIN EN WERKSTAD
This report aims at the improvement of the use of the bicycle in commuting traffic. In urban traffic relatively many short trips can be made by the bicycle, in stead of by the car or by public transport. The focus of the study are measures to be made to make the industrial areas as friendly as possible for cycling. Therefore, specifications are presented to optimalize cycle tracks and to design industrial areas accessible for bicycle traffic. Working places should be on such a distance from the residential areas that the journey to work can be done by bicycle.
ZANDVOORT ORDENING & ADVIES BVCATHARIJNESINGEL 41
UTRECHT, Netherlands 3511 GC
NATIONALE HOGESCHOOL VOOR TOERISME EN VERKEERP O BOX 3917
BREDA, Netherlands 4800 DX
- HUISMAN, R
- Publication Date: 1995-8
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 90 p.
- TRT Terms: Accessibility; Bicycles; Bikeways; Environmental protection; Improvements; Industrial areas; Industrial buildings; Interviewing; Mobility; Specifications; Traffic engineering; Work trips; Workplaces
- Uncontrolled Terms: Use
- Geographic Terms: Netherlands
- ITRD Terms: 9139: Accessibility; 1211: Bicycle; 2722: Cycle track; 2444: Environment protection; 9108: Improvement; 343: Industrial area; 9147: Interview; 621: Journey to work; 9105: Mobility (pers); 8078: Netherlands; 177: Specifications; 655: Traffic engineering; 9084: Use; 300: Workplace
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Environment; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00722991
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Institute for Road Safety Research, SWOV
- Files: ITRD
- Created Date: Jul 26 1996 12:00AM