BRIDGE REHABILITATION ON LOCAL ROADS. 1995 EDITION. NACE ACTION GUIDE VOLUME III-3
The major objective of this guide is to provide county personnel with an understanding of current techniques for rehabilitating and upgrading bridges with functional deficiencies and structural deterioration to adequately serve current and future traffic needs. The guide was written for the practicing engineer or other county personnel who might not have a broad background in bridge and structural engineering. It concentrates on the types of bridges and types of rehabilitation activities that are generally applicable to counties. Rehabilitation techniques that have proven to be practical and cost-effective are presented. The contents are presented in the following chapters: (1) Introduction; (2) Planning Activities; (3) Bridge Decks and Railings; (4) Trusses; (5) Beams and Girders; (6) Expansion Joints and Bearings; (7) Substructures; (8) Waterways; and (9) Support Activities (jacking and temporary supports and cofferdams).
- The NACE Action Guides were first published in 1968 and were expanded, updated, and revised in 1972 and 1986.
National Association of County Engineers440 First Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20001
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1995
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 96 p.
- TRT Terms: Beams; Bridge bearings; Bridge decks; Bridge railings; Bridge substructures; Bridges; Cofferdams; Counties; Driver rehabilitation; Expansion joints; Guides to information; Jacks (Mechanical equipment); Local government; Maintenance; Modernization; Planning; Trusses; Waterways
- Uncontrolled Terms: Bridge maintenance; Jacking; Rehabilitation
- Old TRIS Terms: Beams and girders; Guides; Temporary supports
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; I61: Equipment and Maintenance Methods;
- Accession Number: 00722663
- Record Type: Publication
- Contract Numbers: DTFH61-94-P-00740
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 27 1996 12:00AM