RURAL TRANSPORTATION PLANNING. 1995 EDITION. NACE ACTION GUIDE VOLUME II-4
The objective of this guide is to provide an overview of rural transportation services and the planning, coordination, and implementation activities involved in providing these services. Chapter 1 provides an introduction. Federal, state, regional, and local legislation and regulations applicable to county transportation planning are discussed in Chapter 2. Chapter 3 addresses comprehensive and regional planning. The county transportation planning process is described in detail in Chapter 4. Chapter 5, Selecting the Recommended Plan, discusses identifying alternative plans, plan selection, plan adoption and implementation, financial strategies, and monitoring and updating the transportation plan.
- The NACE Action Guides were first published in 1968 and were expanded, updated, and revised in 1972 and 1986.
National Association of County Engineers440 First Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20001
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1995
- Features: References; Tables;
- Pagination: 26 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Counties; Financing; Guides to information; Implementation; Legislation; Modernization; Monitoring; Planning; Regional transportation; Regulations; Rural areas; Transportation planning
- Old TRIS Terms: Comprehensive planning; Guides
- Subject Areas: Highways; Law; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Research; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00722661
- Record Type: Publication
- Contract Numbers: DTFH61-94-P-00740
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 27 1996 12:00AM