IMPACT OF LAND DEVELOPMENT ON COUNTY AND LOCAL TRANSPORTATION SYSTEM PLANNING. 1995 EDITION. NACE ACTION GUIDE VOLUME II-3
This guide is intended for use by county engineers and other local government officials responsible for local transportation planning in association with land use and development activities. In addition to emphasizing transportation planning activities, including traffic projection and safety considerations, transportation plans describe legislative and environmental concerns and procedures for mitigation of traffic conditions resulting from land development. The contents are presented in the following chapters: (1) Introduction; (2) Planning; (3) Regulatory Framework; (4) Existing Transportation Network; (5) Impact of Development; (6) Planning for On-Site Impacts; and (7) Mitigation of Off-Site Impacts.
- The NACE Action Guides were first published in 1968 and were expanded, updated, and revised in 1972 and 1986.
National Association of County Engineers440 First Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20001
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1995
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 32 p.
- TRT Terms: Counties; Development; Environmental impacts; Guides to information; Impacts; Land use; Legal factors; Local government; Network analysis (Planning); Real estate development; Regulations; Traffic forecasting; Traffic mitigation; Traffic safety; Transportation; Transportation planning
- Uncontrolled Terms: Mitigation
- Old TRIS Terms: Guides
- Subject Areas: Law; Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General); I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00722660
- Record Type: Publication
- Contract Numbers: DTFH61-94-P-00740
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 27 1996 12:00AM