BRIDGE MAINTENANCE ON LOCAL ROADS. 1995 EDITION
This training guide was prepared for use by bridge maintenance crews and other personnel responsible for inspecting and maintaining bridges on county and local agency roads. The contents are presented in three sections. The first section, General Considerations, covers legal issues, safety, environment/permits, preventive maintenance, and types of bridges. The next section, Planning, addresses inspection, program development, and defining the maintenance activity. The final section, Activities, presents guidelines for the inspection and maintenance of work zone traffic control, signs and energy-absorbing devices, approaches, substructures, superstructures, beam spans, decks, railings, waterways, culverts and related appurtenances, and cleaning and painting. A glossary is provided.
- The NACE Training Guides were first published in 1974 and were revised and updated in 1986.
National Association of County Engineers440 First Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20001
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1995
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 80 p.
- TRT Terms: Barriers (Roads); Beams; Bridge approaches; Bridge decks; Bridge railings; Bridge substructures; Bridge superstructures; Bridges; Cleaning; County roads; Culverts; Energy absorbing materials; Environmental impacts; Guides to information; Inspection; Legal factors; Local government agencies; Maintenance; Painting; Permits; Planning; Preventive maintenance; Safety; Signs; Waterways; Work zone traffic control
- Uncontrolled Terms: Bridge inspection; Bridge maintenance; Local agencies
- Old TRIS Terms: Beams and girders; Energy absorbing barriers; Guides
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Environment; Highways; Law; Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Safety and Human Factors; I61: Equipment and Maintenance Methods;
- Accession Number: 00722659
- Record Type: Publication
- Contract Numbers: DTFH61-94-P-00740
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 27 1996 12:00AM