AIRPORT PRIVATIZATION: ISSUES RELATED TO THE SALE OR LEASE OF U.S. COMMERCIAL AIRPORTS. TESTIMONY
This is the statement of Gerald L. Dillingham, Associate Director, Transportation Issues, Resources, Community, and Economic Development Division, General Accounting Office (GAO), before the Subcommittee on Aviation, Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure, House of Representatives, on airport privatization. The testimony is based on ongoing work by GAO and covers three topics: (1) the current extent of private sector participation at commercial airports in the United States and foreign countries; (2) the incentives and impediments to more extensive forms of privatization, such as selling an airport outright; and (3) the implications arising from more extensive privatization for major stakeholders, such as passengers, airlines, and government.
- Record URL:
- Record URL:
U.S. General Accounting Office441 G Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20548
- Dillingham, G L
- Publication Date: 1996-2-29
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Airports; Disincentives; Impacts; Incentives; Private enterprise; Privatization; Testimony
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Economics; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00722654
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: GAO/T-RCED-96-82
- Files: NTL, TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 26 1996 12:00AM