1993 AASHTO ANNUAL MEETING PROCEEDINGS. SELECTED COMMITTEE MEETING PAPERS PRESENTED AT THE 79TH ANNUAL MEETING, DETROIT, MICHIGAN, OCTOBER 25-26, 1993
The contents of these proceedings are as follows: OPENING GENERAL SESSION: Presiding, W. Muri; Keynote Address, F. Pena; Address, B. Carr; Address, N.J. Rahall, II; Address, A.H. Card, Jr.; ADMINISTRATIVE SUBCOMMITTEE ON INFORMATION SYSTEMS: A Business Case for Reengineering in Wisconsin, D. Pritchard; Florida's Business Information System Plan, S. Bittner; ADMINISTRATIVE SUBCOMMITTEE ON INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL AUDIT: Audits, Investigations and Public Corruption, W.H. Donaldson; ADMINISTRATIVE SUBCOMMITTEE ON LEGAL AFFAIRS: Clean Air Litigation in the 90's: Presenting and Defending Administrative Records, E.V.A. Kussy; STANDING COMMITTEE ON HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY: Status of SHRP Work Zone Safety Devices, J.O. Hibbs; IVHS Safety Opportunities, T. Bryer; STANDING COMMITTEE ON HIGHWAYS/ADMINISTRATIVE SUBCOMMITTEE ON PUBLIC AFFAIRS (JOINT SESSION): On Selling the National Highway System: Defining Its Purpose and Function--Just What Are We Buying?, H. Dittmar; HIGHWAY SUBCOMMITTEE ON BRIDGES AND STRUCTURES: SHRP Products for Bridge Engineers, D.M. Harriott; Fire Tests for Ventilation Design of the Central Artery Tunnel, S. Luchian; Design and Construction of the Williamstown-Marietta Bridge, J.E. Sothen; Construction of the New Baldwin Bridge, A.W. Gruhn; HIGHWAY SUBCOMMITTEE ON DESIGN: Highway Metrification by 1996, J.K. Lindly and D.S. Turner; Simulation Techniques for Freeway Design, R.I. Jackson; HIGHWAY SUBCOMMITTEE ON MATERIALS: Highway Innovative Technology Evaluation Center (HITEC), J. Rossberg; NOVACHIP - A Cost Effective Pavement Treatment, L. Lockett; HIGHWAY SUBCOMMITTEE ON RIGHT OF WAY: Mediation of Eminent Domain Proceedings: The Florida Experience, K.M. Towcimak; HIGHWAY SUBCOMMITTEE ON TRAFFIC ENGINEERING: Interstate Across Median Accident Study: A Comprehensive Study of Traffic Accidents Involving Errant Vehicles Which Cross the Median Divider Strips on North Carolina Interstate Highways, J.M. Lynch, N.C. Crowe, Jr, and J.F. Rosendahl; NATIONAL CONFERENCE OF STATE RAILWAY OFFICIALS: Development of the Detroit-Chicago High Speed Rail Corridor, M.H. Higginbotham; STANDING COMMITTEE ON RESEARCH: New Technology in the European Community, G. Leykauf; and CLOSING GENERAL SESSION: Approaching the 21st Century: The Vision for America's Highways, R.E. Slater.
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Publication Date: 1993
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 175 p.
- TRT Terms: Air quality; Auditing; Bridge construction; Bridge design; Bridges; Construction; Construction sites; Crashes; Development; Eminent domain; Freeways; Highway design; Information systems; Intelligent transportation systems; Legal action; Litigation; Materials; Medians; Metric system; Property acquisition; Right of way (Land); Simulation; Structural design; Technological innovations; Technology; Traffic crashes; Traffic safety; Tunnels; Ventilation systems
- Identifier Terms: American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials; National Highway System
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cross median accidents; Metric conversion; Railroad corridors
- Geographic Terms: Europe
- Old TRIS Terms: Freeway design
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Bridges and other structures; Construction; Design; Geotechnology; Highways; Law; Materials; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; I10: Economics and Administration; I20: Design and Planning of Transport Infrastructure; I30: Materials; I50: Construction and Supervision of Construction; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning; I80: Accident Studies;
- Accession Number: 00722447
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 30 1996 12:00AM