APPLYING IS-52: PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS FROM YOUR FACILITY
The National Asphalt Pavement Association's publication IS-52 "The Fundamentals of the Operation and Maintenance of the Exhaust Gas System in a Hot Mix Asphalt Facility" has served the industry for several years to help producers understand the physical laws at work in the process gas stream used in hot mix facilities for the heating and drying of aggregate. After studying the manual, however, readers often have a number of questions. The objective of this publication is to: help the readers determine if the system components on their facility are properly sized for one another; determine benchmark production rate expectations for different size facilities under different operating conditions; introduce the readers to guidelines for sizing major equipment components, and help them to understand how equipment selection and equipment design can impact production throughout.
Richmond, VA United States 23219
- Publication Date: 1995-2
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 39 p.
- TRT Terms: Benchmarks; Components; Equipment; Equipment design; Facilities; Guidelines; Hot mix asphalt; Impacts; Production; Productivity; Size; Sizing apparatus
- Uncontrolled Terms: Selection
- Old TRIS Terms: Process gas stream
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Materials; I31: Bituminous Binders and Materials;
- Accession Number: 00722171
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: TAS-22
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Jun 21 1996 12:00AM