PLACING CONCRETE BY PUMPING METHODS
This report describes pumps for transporting and placing concrete. Rigid and flexible pipelines are discussed and couplings and other accessories described. Recommendations for proportioning pumpable concrete suggest optimum gradation of aggregates; outline water, cement, and admixture requirements; and emphasize the need for evaluation of trial mixes for pumpability. The importance of saturating lightweight aggregates is stressed. Suggestions are given for layout of lines; for maintaining uniform delivery rate, as well as uniform quality of concrete at the end of the line; and for cleaning out pipelines.
Detroit, MI United States 48219
- Publication Date: 1996-3
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 25 p.
- TRT Terms: Admixtures; Aggregate gradation; Cement; Concrete; Concrete placing; Couplers; Flexibility; Lightweight aggregates; Percent saturation; Pipe; Pipelines; Proportioning; Pumped concrete; Pumps; Quality control; Rigid structures; Standardization; Water
- Uncontrolled Terms: Flexible; Quality; Rigid pipes
- Subject Areas: Highways; Materials; Pipelines; Terminals and Facilities; I32: Concrete;
- Accession Number: 00722107
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: ACI 304.2R-96
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 14 1996 12:00AM