JOINTS IN CONCRETE CONSTRUCTION
This report reviews the state of the art in design, construction, and maintenance of joints in concrete structures subjected to a wide variety of use and environmental conditions. In some cases, the option of eliminating joints is considered. Aspects of various joint sealant materials and jointing techniques are discussed. Chapters in the report focus on various types of structures and structural elements with unique characteristics: buildings, bridges, slabs-on-grade, tunnel linings, canal linings, precast concrete pipe, liquid-retaining structures, walls and mass concrete.
Detroit, MI United States 48219
- Publication Date: 1995-11
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 44 p.
- TRT Terms: Bridges; Building; Canal linings; Concrete construction; Concrete pipe; Concrete structures; Design; Joints (Engineering); Maintenance; Mass concrete; Precast concrete; Sealing compounds; Slab on grade; State of the art reports; Tunnel lining; Walls
- Uncontrolled Terms: Joints
- Old TRIS Terms: Slab on ground construction
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Design; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Materials; I32: Concrete;
- Accession Number: 00722104
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: ACI 224.3R-95
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 13 1996 12:00AM