PACCAR FULL-SCALE PAVEMENT TESTS
An asphalt concrete section on a test track in the PACCAR Technical Center in Mount Vernon, Washington, was instrumented with strain gauges at the surface and in pavement cores, and tested using a Falling Weight Deflectometer (FWD) as well as trucks at different speeds and tire pressures. This report presents results from the analysis of the field tests using SAPSI, a computer program for the dynamic analysis of asphalt concrete pavements by the linear visco-elastic layer theory and the finite element method. The report also investigates the accuracy of SAPSI and includes some numerical criteria to be used when running the program.
- Supported by a grant from the U.S. Department of Transportation, University Transportation Centers Program.
Michigan State University, East LansingCollege of Engineering
East Lansing, MI United States 48824
Great Lakes Center for Truck and Transit Research201 UMTRI Building, 2901 Baxter Road
Ann Arbor, MI United States 48109-2150
- Chatti, K
- Yun, K K
- Kim, H B
- Utamsingh, R
- Publication Date: 1995-4
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 180 p.
- TRT Terms: Asphalt concrete; Computer programs; Dynamic tests; Falling weight deflectometers; Finite element method; Inflation; Linear elasticity; Pavements; Speed; Strain gages; Structural tests; Test facilities; Tire pressure; Tires; Trucks
- Uncontrolled Terms: Dynamic analysis; Full scale
- Old TRIS Terms: Pavement tests
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Highways; Motor Carriers; Pavements; Vehicles and Equipment; I22: Design of Pavements, Railways and Guideways;
- Accession Number: 00722099
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: GLCTTR 75-95/01, Final Report
- Contract Numbers: DTRS92-G-0005
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 9 1996 12:00AM